-- Scotts Contracting - StLouis Renewable Energy: Join in MO Sen.C. McCaskills Plan to Stop Trade Cheets and Create American Jobs

Search This Blog

9.07.2011

Join in MO Sen.C. McCaskills Plan to Stop Trade Cheets and Create American Jobs

Click here to sign on as a citizen co-sponsor of my job-creating legislation to crack down on trade cheats today.

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 8:25 PM, Claire McCaskill <info@clairemccaskill.com> wrote:

Scotty --

Thank you for signing on as a citizen co-sponsor of my plan to stop trade cheats and help create American jobs.

Can you help me build even more support by forwarding the email below to your friends, encouraging them to become citizen co-sponsors, too?

Thanks,

Claire

Friend --

Frequently, the best ideas I hear come from Missourians when I travel around the state to visit with folks.

During my latest tour, I talked to workers and business leaders about what Washington can do to spur job creation and improve the economy. I was told about an interesting problem that might never have crossed your radar: duty evasion.

Some foreign companies use unfair trading practices to dump exports into the United States at artificially low prices.

When caught, these cheating companies are assessed a protective tariff -- called a duty -- to level the playing field. But the trade cheats seek out ways to avoid paying the penalty.

I plan to introduce legislation that will allow authorities to crack down on foreign companies that are cheating and will help American businesses create jobs. And I need your help.

Click here to sign on as a citizen co-sponsor of my job-creating legislation to crack down on trade cheats today.

Put simply, it hurts American manufacturers when companies evade these duties. What's worse, the companies often disappear before authorities can prosecute them.

We need to empower trade authorities to track down and prosecute the rule-breakers so American manufacturers can compete on a level playing field and create more jobs.

Click here to become a citizen co-sponsor of my job-creating trade legislation today and send Republicans a message about creating jobs.

When American businesses compete on a level playing field, they win. That means more jobs for Missourians and a better economy, so we all win. But we need to bring accountability to foreign companies who are gaming the system and putting our businesses at a disadvantage.

That's the message I heard from the business community in Missouri during my recent jobs tour -- and that's what I'm going to tell my colleagues in Washington.

Together, we can fix this problem. Help me make sure they get the message loud and clear.

Thank you for taking action,

Claire McCaskill

Paid for by McCaskill for Missouri







No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your Comments Below. Spam comments will not be published. webmasters do not store, sell, or spam your email address. Feel Free to You use HTML tags, KEEP IT GREEN, Dont Spam

Connect with Scotts Contracting

FB FB Twitter LinkedIn Blog Blog Blog Blog Pinterest