Job Site Photo Album
|removed the stair case- and carefully supported the area during with adjustable 'House Jacks'|
|We added additional Support Joists and Joist Hangers for the ceiling and floor|
|Support Joists and Joist Hangers|
For businesses large and small, there is a continuing quest to make operations more eco-friendly and sustainable as part of the growing clamour to be a leader in social responsibility. In many cases, running a more sustainable operation means that there are also significant money savings to be made. What are the best options available to both large and small businesses, which will reduce their carbon footprint as well as make their bottom line look healthier?
One of the growing trends in building design is that of the ETFE roof. As well as being prominent in many modern designs, the understanding of the impact an ETFE roof can have on a business has seen it become a highly sought after solution by many business owners. Whether it is building their own premises or renting a commercial property, ensuring the building has an ETFE roof can lead to many ecological and financial benefits for a business.
Benefits of using an ETFE roof include:
· Cheaper and greener construction than glass, as well as weighing only 1% of the equivalent area of glass, meaning other environmentally damaging construction materials do not need to be used as much in supporting the roof structure.
· Much higher levels of light transmission than glass, meaning the building can benefit from much lower lighting costs – both an environmental and financial plus!
· An ETFE roof acts as a natural insulator for a building, so similar to the last point, a building will see their heating usage and subsequent bills reduced massively. With most heat from buildings lost through the roof, ETFE could well be the answer you need.
Owners of small business are often paralysed by the feeling that they are unable to have any wide impact on the overall environment; however by choosing a premises with an ETFE roof they will be doing exactly that. The financial benefits also associated with ETFE roofing can also be a huge incentive to new businesses looking to reduce costs.
There are other many widely used alternatives that business owners can use to save money. Building a premises, or renting one, with an ETFE roof is not always possible, so what are the other options available?
· Cut down carbon emissions caused by journeys to work – are any of your team able to work from home? Even considering a property with an ETFE roof, do you need a premises at all?
· Use energy monitoring and saving appliances throughout your business to reduce usage and costs.
· Ensure you recycle as much as possible.
By carrying out these small, simple, yet massively effective steps, you can potentially save your business a lot of money moving forward. Try and affiliate yourself with an environmental awareness group or another that produces certifications, so you can build your credibility as an environmentally aware and friendly business, while all the time continuing to grow profits.
Keywords: ETFE roof
Green Blog <http://stlouisrenewableenergy.blogspot.com>
See the Difference a few Gallons of Exterior Grade White Paint can do!
|-Before Painting Benton Project-|
Scotts Contracting, St Louis MO Nov 2012
|Front View before painting Benton Project|
|After Photo: What a difference a few Gallons of Good Quality Exterior Grade White Paint will do to increase the Curb Appeal- Benton Project- Scotts Contracting-St Louis Renewable Energy|
R22 Batt Type Insulation-Friction Fit-
|Water and Air Barrier|
The Above Photo is the Water and Vapor Barrier used to seal the wall frame. This material is recycled Billboard Sign Material. The true R-Value of the Material is not known. We do know that the material is Ten Times stronger and thicker than normal vapor barriers on the Market today.
I added an additional HVAC 'Return' Air Duct to help
|before Modern Day Insulation they used Hair, Newspaper, |
and other Miscellaneous Materials
|Exposing the Water Damaged Wood Prior to Repair|
|Good View of the Support Posts used to Stabilize the 2nd Floor and Roof|
|1st Floor Wall Framed and Sheeted onto the Second Floor.|
|Paint Pro Tip #35 by Scotty, Scotts Contracting-St Louis Renewable Energy|
* * * I recommend to remove the Tank Lid before placing the T-Shirt around the Tank before painting. This will alleviate the possibility of breaking an expensive Tank Lid when removing the T-Shirt after painting.
There are lots of reasons to go solar. Solar energy is good for the environment and can help you save money on your energy bills . But li...