|Hemp Building Workshops workshops in|
* Calgary, Alberta Canada - * Seattle Washington - January, 2016
* California - March, 2016
I'm putting links and my favorite Industrial Hempcrete Home Designs with additional information and links to my favorite Industrial Hemp information.
Collection of Hemp Home Design CAD Drawing photos showcasing the sustainable lifestyle that this net zero energy efficient home, gardens, pergola, solar panels, solar water heating, pool, garage, safe room, basement, fireplace, 4 bedroom, 2 bath...
Industrial Hemp Home CAD designs by Scotty-Energy Efficient Post Frame and Hempcrete creating a Net Zero- Energy Efficient Sustainable 4 Bedroom 2 Bath, Gardens, Pool, Basement, Safe Room, Green Roof, Sky Lights, Dual Pane Windows, Fireplace, Hardwood Floors, Radiant Heating, Indoor Garden, Hedge, Landscaping, Water Features
Here is a sneak peek of the next post in the Designing Hemp Home SeriesRead and See more CAD Photos and Design Illustrations for this Industrial Hemp Home "Sustainable Construction" Design at Scottys Website St Louis Renewable Energy Hemp Home Design Collection.
Background on Industrial Hemp Building:Builders have been building Homes and Commercial Buildings using this design in Europe for many years now. With the legalization of Industrial Hemp in the USA. Now Americans can adopt this Sustainable Building practice into our designs to create homes that can grow and be built in 2 years.In this example of Hemp Building I've eliminated much of the excess lumber that is not needed in the build because of the Post Frame Structure. When the Natural Lime and Hemp Fibers are mixed together it creates a concrete like material that is also high in insulation value- you get the best of both worlds:
- A strong and durable Building that is also energy efficient that can withstand the abuse from the elements.
- This Natural product that can also be grown most anywhere in the USA.
Thank you for checking out the CAD designs on the use of Industrial Hemp for creating an Energy Efficient Home.
If I can assist you in your quest to design or build using this type of construction technique utilizing hemp or other natural green building products drop me a line and let me know. Scotty
Post Frame Wood Structure Design-Industrial Hemp Wall Construction
Its all about Energy Efficiency and Conserving Natural Resources when using a Post Frame Building option with the added benefit: Post Frame Buildings are also Wind and Earthquake Resistant.
- Lateral Loading caused by Severe Storms and Earthquakes
- A buttress is an architectural structure built against or projecting from a wall which serves to support or reinforce the wall. Buttresses are fairly common on more ancient buildings, as a means of providing support to act against the lateral (sideways) forces arising out of the roof structures that lack adequate bracing.
My goal is simple: Net Zero and Affordable
Net Zero in Energy Consumption and Energy Production and at the same time beingaffordable to build on a limited budget.
This Hemp Home Design is all about Sustainability and will not sacrifice the Comfort Levels that I require.
- The above photo is a Catalan or Boveda Vault Style Roof. When I watched this You Tube Video of the Spanish Masons in action; I realized that this was the solution to building a roof and ceiling with little to no lumber and it will be energy efficient and save me money on utility costs! The Exterior water proofing layer has not been added to the design at this stage so that the viewer can the Masonry Work that comprises the Catalan Vault Style Roof System.
Hemp Home-Water Recycling-Water Collection System
Hemp Home Room List
- 2 Bedrooms- 1 Master Bedroom and 1 spare bedroom
- 1 1/2 Baths
- Mechanical Room-Water Collection Point, HVAC Air Handler, Solar Inverter, Storage, Radiant Floor Heating
- Green House
- Mud Room
- Dining Room / Living Room
- Kitchen with Eat In counter
The fast growing Hemp Plant will enable me to Grow and Build a Hemp Home in 2 years!
Layer on vault compreión Gausahttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCHbUC8anY8
Q-n-A with HEMP Building Expert: Mr. Greg Flavall Co-Founder and Technical Director at Hemp-Technologies on the Hemp Home design by Scotty
Additional Hemp Home Wall Details
Below: Hemp Wall Buttress Design adds support for the Catalan Roof Arches as well as support for the Solar Array!
Above: Hemp Wall and Catalan Vault Style Green Roof Connection Detail as suggested by Mr Greg Flavall- Hemp Technologies.
Replied to My Question on Hemp Building:
I'm designing a Hempcrete home and have been looking into a Catalan Style Spanish Roof for a roof system that does not require lumber. Do you think a hempcrete product would replace the concrete the spanish masons use? I've started a series of articles on the planned build at: http://stlouisrenewableenergy.com/2014/02/05/hemp-home-catalan-vaulted-style-roof-waterproofing/
Mr. Greg Flavall Co-Founder / Technical Director Hemp-Technologies Answered:
""having looked at your website and design I'm intrigued. Although we have not done this style of roof I do not see what lime could not do the same as cement in this application- if it were sealed correctly. Typically we are using Hemp/Lime for walls which is covered with 15-20mm of lime plaster for weather protection on a vertical plane. We install hemp/lime under the roof where it is protected as insulation and in the floor (above grade only) where it can breathe.""